Last week the Eclipse Foundation released the much anticipated next version of Eclipse. You can download Eclipse 3.6 aka Helios from SpringSource's member distribution page. Also check out the New & Noteworthy for this release.
The Tools Team at SpringSource has been busy updating our developer tools to support Eclipse 3.6 and while we haven't released a new version of SpringSource Tool Suite that builds on and bundles 3.6 yet, users can now install STS on top of Eclipse 3.6.
Detailed steps to install STS from our nightly update sites can be found in the installation instructions. Please carefully follow the outlined steps in the "Installing from the Nightly Snapshot Update Site" section starting on page 9.
If you encounter issues during the installation please feel free to post to the community support forums.
If all goes as planned we'll release STS 2.3.3.M2 including the usual installers next week.
- Early Access: SpringSource Tool Suite for Eclipse Indigo (3.7)
- Installing STS into Eclipse 3.5
- Early Access: SpringSource Tool Suite for Eclipse Juno (4.2)
- SpringSource Tool Suite 2.1.0 Now Available
- Using Cloud Foundry from STS